Once again it’s time for my annual post to look ahead to the coming (now arrived) year. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I refuse to call these goals New Years resolutions. Expectation has the thought that it is going to get done, not the “maybe” shadow of a resolution. Here’s what’s on my mind and what I would like to accomplish in the coming year. If you share of any of these goals, I hope some of my thoughts and ideas of can help you and we can reach these goals together:
- All action, no talk – Unfortunately, I still have much of a reputation for being the opposite. I don’t know if it’s lingering fear, the Pisces in me, or a still lacking confidence, but up ’til now I’ve still had the strong capacity to talk a big game but procrastinate in acting towards it. This year it’s time to maintain an action based focus. It’s about being a doer of the Word, and not only starting the action, but seeing it through to completion.
- Focus on vibration and high emotion – I share often about the importance of maintaining a high vibration. When we remain high on the emotional scale, we open ourselves up for unlimited blessings. As well as I am aware of this, there are still too many times where I leave my emotions on automatic pilot and let much time go by without catching myself on the lower vibrational plane. I make the expectation to check in at least hourly, and bring myself to the highest vibrational level as often as possible. Another way to make this happen is to live in the present moment. Without the guilt of the past or the worries of the future, it is much easier to maintain a positive focus and the highest emotions.
- Be more “others” focused – I truly love people. I am blessed with the most wonderful family and core of friends, and I also love meeting and bringing light to people from all over the world. The reason I have this blog in the first place is to share the abundant wisdom I have learned to help you and everyone reading this to live a more joyful and abundant life. Upon saying that, I will share that I still consider myself to be a selfish person. I say this because my focus is still too much of what’s in it for me. On one hand, it is important to maintain a self focus (see bullet #2). However, the what’s in it for me part will be taken care of automatically as long my focus is instead on how can I help others get what they want. What action can I take now to bring value into as many lives as possible?
- 1000 daily blog visitors – Now I move on to the concrete goals. This one has been a goal for some time now and it is ambitious since I am nowhere close at this point. To go hand in hand with the other goals, taking consistent action, remaining in a high vibrational state, living with an “as if” mentality, and keeping the focus on building up others, I certainly expect that it will happen.
- Stabilize my job situation – Ok, I may have to be careful who’s watching with this one 🙂 For the past year I have been working two jobs, both which exhaust me with many negative people and situations. I realize I am blessed to have them, as some people are desperately looking for any job, and they have contributed to a major improvement in my finances. At the same time, it’s time to do work that I will enjoy, contribute to many people in the world, permit me more freedom and time with family and friends, and provide the income to bless my family for necessities (my oldest daughter starts college in the Fall), and leisure. I expect to have that type of work this year.
I thank you for staying with me in this journey inside the mind of this author. Once again, I will say that if you share any of these goals, I invite you to contribute ideas about how you plan on achieving your expectations. Even if your exact goals are different, I would love to share this journey of taking life to the highest level possible with as many people as I can. Together we can make a difference and enjoy a very blessed and prosperous 2015. Enjoy the blessings 🙂