I have done an extensive study into the power of the mind to enhance the quality of life. One of the most helpful resources I’ve encountered is the book, “The Power of Positive Thinking”, by Norman Vincent Peale. The book is loaded with information to help increase positivity and power. He also provides simple, easy to use action steps to carry out in order to reach your desired goals.
One of my favorite parts of this powerful book is a list of tips to increase self-confidence. I can testify first-hand that these steps work if used on a regular basis. As mentioned, they are simple, logical, and easy to carry out. Here are the 10 steps:
- Hold a picture of you succeeding in your mind. In every situation, view yourself as successful, and avoid doubting the success that you are seeing. Instead, hold onto it and continually watch these scenes of success.
- Whenever a negative thought about yourself enters your mind, immediately replace it with a positive one. Be sure not to fight the negative thoughts. That only seems to make it worse. Instead, acknowledge it, but remind yourself that the positive thought is the real truth about yourself, and let it gradually take over.
- Do not build up obstacles in your mind. Deal with them accordingly, but instead of seeing them as mountains, see them as a temporary challenge that will only increase your confidence and character.
- Be your best self. Avoid comparing yourself to others.
- At least 10 times a day, affirm “God is for me so no one can be against me” (Romans 8:31).
- Seek help when you need it. No one ever said you have to do everything on your own. Know that people are there to help, and utilize their services.
- At least 10 times a day, affirm, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philipians 4:13). This is an extremely powerful statement, the most helpful for me. When this is drilled into your head, you will feel virtually unstoppable,
- Make a true estimate of your ability, then raise it 10%. Do your part the best you can, then let God help you go above and beyond.
- Affirm the following, “I am completely in God’s hands. Then actually put yourself there, knowing He is fully in control. His outcomes are better than anything you can come up with.
- Believe that you now and constantly receive power from God.
Honestly, how difficult are these to do? They don’t take much time, and when done consistently, they put your mind in a positive, powerful state, helping you firmly believe you can accomplish anything. I certainly recommend you take a few minutes a day to affirm and visualize these thoughts. As always, I would love to hear about how this information helps you. Have an excellent day : )