If you are familiar with the Law of Attraction, you’ll know that one of its greatest teachers is Esther Hicks. I have read her book “Ask and It Is Given” several times, and I have watched and learned from many of her videos as well.
In many of her teachings, Esther provides a very simple 3 step formula that helps you rapidly manifest the desires of your heart. Whether you’ve never seen these before, or if you are familiar but need a reminder, here are the steps:
- Ask. In this first step, you simply determine what you desire and ask God for it.
2. It is given. Matthew 7:7 in the Bible says exactly what we’re doing here… ask and it will be given to you. Could it be that simple? Hicks says this is the most simple step of the process because it is a step we don’t even take. This is God’s part of the process, not ours. In the book, we are reminded that when we ask for something, God responds immediately. She says, “Every question is answered. Every prayer is answered. Every wish is granted. But the reason that many would argue with that truth, holding up examples of unfulfilled desires from their own life experiences, is because they have not yet understood and completed the very important Step 3—for without the completion of this step, the existence of Steps 1 and 2 could go unnoticed.”
3. So what is that all-important step 3? Allow your desire to manifest. You’ve asked, and God has answered. God doesn’t always answer exactly as we would expect, but he does always answer. Now you make yourself ready to receive. There are several ways to do this. The main advice provided in the book is to match the emotional vibration of your desire. In other words, feeling the joy of your desire as if you already have it. Think about what it would be like to be, do, or have what you are seeking. Maintain and carry that feeling with you wherever you are, and you will set yourself up to experience it. The Bible also says in Mark 11:24 that “whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Your acting like you already have it is believing you have received it. Remember, you have already received it because according to step 2 of this process, God responds immediately. So you do already have it. You just have to focus on this truth, and live according to it. You can also speed this process up by taking necessary action. The remainder of the Matthew 7:7 verse says… “seek and you will find. knock and the door will be opened to you.” Start looking for opportunities and places God may be leading you. Then take whatever action you feel inspired to take.
I believe this is a very simple process, and it is very powerful if used correctly. If you want an even more simple way to remember this, I was provided a similar formula in church this past week. It’s amazing because as I was thinking of sharing this formula here, a woman in the church spoke for the children for a few minutes. Due to current restrictions (this was our first service back in the building since the COVID lockdowns began in mid-March), the kids don’t have their own activities up and running yet. This woman shared this same formula in a more basic version. God always seems to speak to me when I have something on my mind. It was a confirmation that I should indeed share this info here with you. Here is the more basic version that was provided. She provided the comparison of getting ready to start a race:
- Ready – Pray for what you desire
- Set – I love the explanation that was provided for this step. She said to “expect God to act, and wait in joyful expectation for His response.”
- Go – Similar to step 3 above, this involves doing what is necessary to enhance the process. Have faith that God is answering, and taking the actions you are inspired to take.
I have seen in my own life that this process is powerful. I also know that it is fast. I don’t always get all answers in the blink of any eye, but there have been times where I feel like God is acting immediately(although he always is). The same is true for you. I believe if you follow this process, you will quickly see things starting to happen. It is then up to you to keep moving in that direction. Keep believing that God has already answered your prayer. Keep feeling joyful and thankful. Keep seeking and knocking, and those doors will keep opening. You will see your desires manifest sooner than later. And as a whole, your life will be more joyful and rewarding. Enjoy the blessings 🙂