I am someone who is always looking for ways to refresh the soul, and I’m sure I am not alone. After all, this is our main connection to our Creator. The more refreshed your soul is, the greater your connection to your Source.
I read an article in the Pentacostal Evangel by Paul Louis Cole (7/8/12, p. 11-13) that provided excellent advice on how to refresh your soul and maximize your Heavenly connection. The author mentions the importance of finding time for physical exercise to refresh the body. He advises that we must also find time to exercise and build up the soul. The following are tips to do just that:
- Turn off…the news, and any other negative media.
- Turn on…messages of faith, peace, and uplifting power.
- Read…he especially encourages Proverbs in the morning, and Psalms at night. Of course a thorough reading of scripture and meditating on it is necessary too. I will also recommend any other positive reading material that will uplift the mind and soul.
- Encourage others.
- Pray for yourself and others on a regular basis.
- Declare faith over your life.
- Stay connected through church, small groups, and communication.
- Listen to positive music and encouraging messages.
- Do the smart, wise things in all aspects of your life.
- Decrease debt as fast as possible and never get there again.
- Tithe regularly and find other opportunities to give financially or any way you can.
I found this to be excellent advice and felt the need to share. These concepts may seem simple, yet how many times do we get caught up in the fast pace and negativity of life? By focusing on these ideas, you can add positivity to your life and be a light to others around you. As mentioned, you are strengthening your Spiritual connection. This will add much blessing to your life, and others will feel the positive vibration and want to be a part of your positive world. I definitely recommend you find the time each day for your spiritual workout. Enjoy the blessings : )