March 24, 2012
I stress on this blog often the need to maintain a powerful mind. The more powerful our mind is, the greater chance for success.
Our brain is like any other muscle in our body in that, if it is to be built up, it needs to be exercised. The more we use it and exercise it in different ways. the more powerful it becomes. I read an excellent article recently about doing just that. The author provides several different ways to exercise the brain and keep it “in shape” Here are some of those suggestions:
- Puzzles/Trivia – We do these for fun, but they really are valuable in helping to exercise the brain. The author also suggests doing things to use both sides of the brain, such as using your computer mouse with your opposite hand.
- Good nutrition/Brain Power foods. Examples of those power foods are nuts, deeply colored fruits and vegetables, green tea, and chocolate.
- Much water! Not only does this help keep the brain fresh, but it helps your entire body flow smoother.
- Creative vizualization. When we visualize success, we seem to be pulled in that direction.
- Learning a new language/instrument, or any new project to get the brain thinking.
These are several ways to increase the power of the brain, keeping your mind sharp. Please feel free to share anything that works for you. In the meantime, keep exercising your brain! Enjoy the blessings!
Here is a link to the entire article. Enjoy!
March 3, 2012
There are countless ways to help increase the power of our brain. Some are simple, like eating well, getting enough sleep, and exercising. However, there are other, not so well known ways to increase brain power.
I recently read a great article called “One Hundred Twenty Ways To Boost Your Brain Power” by Luciano Passuello. The article provides exactly what its title says, with valuable information on how you can boost your brain power. Some of the ideas are simple, while others are quirky and different. Either way, they are all helpful. I strongly recommend you check it out….
February 22, 2012
One of the big questions in our society today is “what can we do to stay young?” We would all like to do everything we can to stop the aging process, especially if we consider our age number to be on the high side.
There are things we can do to slow down the aging process, like eating right, exercising, staying active, etc. I read an interesting article in Forbes today about how we can use our brain to help look and stay young. The article shares ways to take care of our brain, such as following some of the guidlines above. We can also improve brain health by maintaining positive thoughts and a positive outlook on life. When we do that, we eliminate stressful, unhealthy thoughts that can actually increase the aging process instead of slowing it down.
I find this information very helpful. It is further proof that we can use our brains to positively impact different areas of our life, and even slow down the aging process! I’ve included a link of the article. Enjoy!