December 28, 2012
Christmas has come and gone, and as usual it was a special time. One of our Christmas Eve traditions is attending a candle light service at our church. It is beautiful how the whole church is lit up simply by each person holding a small candle.
This year the pastor mentioned something I had never thought of before. He said that this beautiful light we were seeing from many small candles all started from one big candle. That big candle lit one small candle, which lit another, and another, etc. The entire church is lit with candles because people share the light with each other, a light that came from one main source.
I thought about this scenario and realized how true it is in life. God’s light is our main source. This light and the power of it can be a part of us as long as we “light our candle” with it. We can then shine this light, and more importantly, share it with others to help light their worlds. As we do this the light spreads. Our world and those of others becomes very bright with this positive light.
Imagine how much brighter this world would be if everyone obtained their light from the main Godly source and shared it with others. After all, we are told in Matthew 5 that we are the light of the world. Jesus adds that a city on a hill cannot be hidden, nor do we take a bright lamp and hide it under a bowl. Instead, we put the lamp on a stand and let it’s light shine brightly, and it gives light to all who are in the house. He further commands us to let your light shine among men so they may see your good works and God will be glorified (v. 14-16).
It is my challenge to make sure I am constantly in touch with this light and sharing it with as many people as possible. Let this be your challenge as well. Enjoy the blessings : )
October 1, 2012
I am someone who is always looking for ways to refresh the soul, and I’m sure I am not alone. After all, this is our main connection to our Creator. The more refreshed your soul is, the greater your connection to your Source.
I read an article in the Pentacostal Evangel by Paul Louis Cole (7/8/12, p. 11-13) that provided excellent advice on how to refresh your soul and maximize your Heavenly connection. The author mentions the importance of finding time for physical exercise to refresh the body. He advises that we must also find time to exercise and build up the soul. The following are tips to do just that:
- Turn off…the news, and any other negative media.
- Turn on…messages of faith, peace, and uplifting power.
- Read…he especially encourages Proverbs in the morning, and Psalms at night. Of course a thorough reading of scripture and meditating on it is necessary too. I will also recommend any other positive reading material that will uplift the mind and soul.
- Encourage others.
- Pray for yourself and others on a regular basis.
- Declare faith over your life.
- Stay connected through church, small groups, and communication.
- Listen to positive music and encouraging messages.
- Do the smart, wise things in all aspects of your life.
- Decrease debt as fast as possible and never get there again.
- Tithe regularly and find other opportunities to give financially or any way you can.
I found this to be excellent advice and felt the need to share. These concepts may seem simple, yet how many times do we get caught up in the fast pace and negativity of life? By focusing on these ideas, you can add positivity to your life and be a light to others around you. As mentioned, you are strengthening your Spiritual connection. This will add much blessing to your life, and others will feel the positive vibration and want to be a part of your positive world. I definitely recommend you find the time each day for your spiritual workout. Enjoy the blessings : )