December 29, 2021
First of all, to those that celebrate, a very Merry Christmas!! I’ve been away from this space for a while, though now finally have some down time to return to what I love to do..writing!
I’ve enhanced my knowledge significantly in the past few months, and feel the desire to share. I am also hoping to apply this knowledge to make 2022 an excellent and rewarding year.
Do you ever feel that you are on the verge of amazing things happening? That’s how I feel about the start of this new year. As long as I work hand in hand with God, allowing Him to call the shots and moving in the direction He has me go, I know I will experience greatness this year.
I certainly hope your hope and optimism for this coming year is very high as well. Know that God is with you, and follow His guidance. You will experience greatness as well. Enjoy the blessings 🙂
2 Comments | Optimism | Tagged: 2022, God, hope, New Years, optimism | Permalink
Posted by joedalio
January 3, 2012
It’s that time of the year again. We reflect on what was, and determine what is to be. Here’s that take from this author’s perspective…
As I look back on 2011, I say it was good. Nothing great, nothing horrible. The negative is that several of the goals set at the beginning of the year still remain unaccomplished. The positive is that I learned a lot. As in more than I have in a long time. Now it’s time to apply that knowledge to enable all of 2012’s goals to be realized.
So here we go. My intentions for 2012. I call them intentions because I don’t like the word resolution. To me, a resolution is something to try and that we hope to accomplish. It works for a month, and then we are often back to the old habits. An intention is something that is going to get done. Period. I believe we need to approach our goals with that attitude. Here now, the 2012 intentions:
- Seek God first. It’s the obvious choice for number one. However, it’s something I often lost sight of in 2011. In order to succeed, I need to see things from His point of view, not mine. The more I am consciously aware of His presence and stick to His agenda, the more successful I will be.
- Double my income. Yes you heard me. No I am not naming it and claiming it. I am constantly told to have faith and pray big. I often recommend it myself. Well here goes. I pray that God forgives me for my financial mis-management and poor stewardship. I pray that He shows me the way to make this happen. I feel that, if we’re not going to pray big, what’s the sense in doing so?
- I intend to have faith and banish all doubt. I’ve taken no for an answer long enough. Now it’s time to believe that my time has come, visualize success, do my part, then know God will make it happen.
- I intend to be content and enjoy the moment. Time moves quickly, and I sometimes allow it to go by without savoring the positive experiences of life. Also, sometimes I am too caught up in future events and goals that I don’t focus on and appreciate present day successes. Life is so much better when we enjoy present moments and victories, regardless of how big or small they are.
- I intend to serve others. There are several great examples in my life of people who make a habit of selflessly serving others. It is a fact that, as we determine what people want and help them get it, we experience major blessings in our own lives. Besides this, I believe it is simply what God wants me to do, and I willingly obey.
So here you have one man’s intentions for this year. Can you relate to any of them? If so, please share. Perhaps we can experience success together. Or, if you have any other goals I would love to hear about them. Either way, I wsih my cherished readers a very happy and successful 2012. Enjoy the blessings : )
2 Comments | Intentions, Optimism, Uncategorized | Tagged: 2011, 2012, faith, goals, God, Gratitude, income, intentions, Money, New Years, resolutions, service, success, visualization | Permalink
Posted by joedalio
January 2, 2012
What do you think of when you see or hear “the beginning”? For me, it’s one of the most refreshing, optimistic phrases in our language. For example, we have entered a new year. Whatever happened last year or in any past year is done. Whatever mistakes I have made are buried. In this new year I have several goals I wish to accomplish. At this time I feel nothing but optimism. No obstacles have moved in my way. I haven’t failed or procrastinated yet. There is nothing except the feeling of optimism that I will accomplish these goals.
This same concept is true in any area of life. I am a big sports fan, and especially like baseball. One of the grandest days in sports is opening day of the baseball season. The feeling of optimism exudes. Every team has a fresh start and the belief that they can win a championship. This feeling exists for teams and players, regardless of how much they have failed in the past or what the so called experts are predicting.
Let us take this same optimism with us as this new year begins. More importantly, let us maintain this feeling of optimism and allow it to snowball to greater successes and victories. Let no one (especially yourself) say it can’t be done; when obstacles arise (and they certainly will), keep your mind fixed confidently on the desired outcome, knowing that it will still be accomplished.
One of the things I am most thankful for, is that God gives us this new beginning every 365 days. Now matter how much we believe we haven’t accompished yet (please know you’ve already accomplished a great deal), we are allowed a new start. In fact, God is even more generous than that. He allows us a new chance every 24 hours! The key is to take advantage of each of these time slots to move ahead to the accomplishment of our goals.
As this new year begins, I find it helpful to do two things. One is to thank God for the great blessings we have received in the past year, and previous years. Second, is to thank Him for this wonderful beginning and fresh start. Keep your mind fixed on the successful accomplishment of your goal, and the God that will help you get there. That combination has the makings of a very successful 2012. Enjoy the blessings : )
P.S. As always, I would love to hear about your goals for this upcoming year and other suggestions to help people reach their desired outcomes. It is very much appreciated : )
Leave a Comment » | Optimism, Success | Tagged: 2012, accomplishment, baseball, beginnings, blessing, goals, God, inspiration, mind power, New Years, optimism, power, sports, success | Permalink
Posted by joedalio