I am writing this article on St Patricks Day. I have absolutely no Irish in me, but I still like to focus on some of the themes of the day. One of those themes is luck. Are we all a little bit (or a lot) luckier today?
As I reflect on the topic of luck, I ask the question…is it possible we can create our own luck? I certainly believe we have significant control over the amount of “luck” that we encounter in our lives.
Recently, I found an article that discusses the topic of creating luck in our lives, and several things we can do. I now share information with you:
- Maintain a positive attitude. It is more obvious to me very day that, the more we maintain a positive frame of mind towards life, the more life rewards us with positive circumstances.
- Listen to yourself. Make sure your language is positive and confident.
- Picture success. Spend time each day seeing yourself as the positive, confident person you want to be. Also see each area of your life as you would like to be.
- Speak up. Instead of keeping things hemmed in, don’t be afraid to speak your mind.
- Link up with positive people. Let their luck rub off on you!
- Share with others. The more we share the more we seem to get back.
- Laugh a lot. Luck seems to always find happy people : )
- Be open to opportunity. You never know which one is “the one”.
- Take risks. The promised land is outside of your comfort zone, so we have to go outside of that comfort zone to get there.
- Do a good job. It is when we do our best in everything that “luck” seems to happen.
Here is a link to the article where I received this information….http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/positive-helpful-attitude-leads-to-success-make-your-own-luck-142175653.html
I find this information very helpful. I will let you decide if a result of these actions is luck or something far greater. Regardless, may the luck of St Patricks Day be with you today. Enjoy the blessings : )