May 22, 2020
As we go through this Covid-19 crisis, we hear some often-used terminology that corresponds to it. For example, we hear that “we’re all in this together.” Even though I relate that more to High School Musical, I agree. We are told that our lives will be permanently changed and things won’t be the same as they’ve been. As a result, we’re told that we need to get used to “the new normal” that our society will become.
If I’m being honest, I will say that I have already heard enough of these cliches. Yes, I believe in teamwork and I am very happy to see the world unite for some wonderful causes. I also fully support those that are going way above and beyond their own personal strength to attend to the lives of others. I am also aware that the world as a whole will be different, and some of the things I’ve become accustomed to will be different. I’m just tired of hearing cliches and I prefer to listen for solutions instead. So I politely ask the media to please stop keep telling me about the new normal.
As I thought about this further, I thought about how far I’ve come personally since this whole world lockdown has begun. I am a teacher still working from home, but my available time to spend in self-reflection and in quality family time has significantly increased. Being away from the negative school environment has also completely renewed my mind and soul. I then began thinking about the things I could make the “new normal” in my own life, such as un-accomplished goals, unfinished projects, necessary changes, etc. Here are some things I came up with:
- I am quick to act. Now that I have so much extra time for an indefinite amount of time, I have no reason to procrastinate. I’ve become quite good at that, unfortunately. I know how to fill my mind with great thoughts and to use my imagination to visualize the greatness that my life can be. It’s putting this to work and allowing it to manifest that’s been the problem. But now in this new normal, things get done immediately. The new normal is taking swift action towards what needs to be done to accomplish any task. I’ve already learned some excellent strategies about prioritizing to help maximize my time. Starting early and doing the most necessary tasks at the beginning of the day has helped immensely.
- I am in great physical shape. Boy did I realize how much I had ignored my body in my pre-Corona life. I often take it for granted because I am in good health, and for the most part I appreciate my appearance. However, I’ve been slow to exercise for a long time. I know I would have far more positive energy if I was more active. In the new normal, I exercise regularly and I am in excellent shape. During the past few weeks I found an excellent exercise resource and I’ve been using it to add some spice to my exercise life. This along with regular family walks and some tennis time has led to major progress in this area.
- I am others-focused. I love people and always enjoy learning about different ways that life is lived around the world. However, all through my life I’ve been a little too self-centered for my liking. I know it’s necessary and healthy for me to have quality me time and for my own needs to be met. My own love tank needs to be full before I go trying to fill the tanks of others. However, my own tank is quite full. So it’s time to really focus on filling up others with love. I make attempts to do that through my writing, and actions I do for my family and friends. The new normal in my life is a focus on meeting the needs of others and making a greater difference in this world.
- I am anchored in the present moment. I often write about the benefits of remaining in the present moment. In the now, I am at my greatest point of power. I have nothing to be guilty about from the past, and nothing to worry about for the future. I have everything I desire and I am what I want to be in this moment. I realize how, when life gets busy, I tend to stray from the present. That’s when regret and anxiety creep in. In the new normal, this doesn’t happen. The only moment that matters is the present one, and I stick to it like glue. As a result, my life is empowered, and I take others to this higher level with me.
- I see God in everything. This should actually be first as I “seek first the kingdom of God.” However, I put this one last as it’s the one I want to stick with me the most as I look at this list. Remember, when we seek God first, all else is given to us automatically. In my quest to accomplish things, I sometimes look to the outside and to the goals themselves as the ruling motivation in my life. However, in order to accomplish on the outside, I know I have to be right on the inside. Focusing on God and seeing Him in every person and every thing is where my true motivation should be. Thanking Him for what I have, being joyful, and being in constant communication with him (see I Thessalonians 5:16-18) puts me in a position to bring God maximum glory, and adds immensely to the blessing I desire my life to become. This is the new normal in my life.
So how about you. Let’s put the cliches aside. What’s the new normal in your life going to be starting now? I challenge you to think about that and find ways to put it to practice. I encourage you to share them on the comments here. Doing so will provide more excellent ideas for me to aspire to, and for anyone else reading this as well. Thank you in advance. Enjoy the blessings 🙂
6 Comments | Coronavirus, self-help | Tagged: Bible verses about seeking God, Covid-19, loving others, Positive Thinking, present moment awareness, procrastination and time management, the new normal | Permalink
Posted by joedalio
May 11, 2020
Meditation is a mysterious, powerful tool we can use to bring us closer to God and to rapidly manifesting His will for us. For those that don’t really understand what meditation is all about, it brings to mind weird scenes of people sitting cross-legged and “omming” continuously. Although some may meditate that way, and that is certainly not a problem as long as they feel comfortable with that, there is far more to mediation, and what it can do to improve the quality of our lives.
Many people avoid meditation because they don’t truly understand what it is, nor do they understand its amazing benefits. I hope to clarify both of those ideas in this article. Also, I mention mediation as one of the key initial ingredients in the rapid manifestation formula in my book The Ease and Keys of Rapid Manifestation. For me, the best definition I’ve seen for meditation is in one of the best books I’ve ever read called “The I AM Discourses.” This book does a wonderful job of showing us who we actually are, and how to utilize the amazing power within us. I highly recommend you read it. In Chapter 9, it mentions meditation and defines it very simply… “meditation really means feeling the presence of God.” That’s it! I don’t think you can find a more simple, true definition of what meditation really is. That in itself is the whole point. Stilling your body and mind and simply focusing on God and his beautiful presence. If you can spend even a few minutes a day doing that, you will see quick, positive, and powerful changes in your life.
While in meditation, it is important to maintain your focus on God and His wonderful presence. In the I Am book, author Godfre Ray King adds, “when one attempts to enter meditation, he cannot drag all the disturbance that has beset him during the day along with him.” Sometimes this is easier said than done. So the advice given is to “consciously remove from the feeling and attention every disturbing thing, enter into your meditation to feel the presence of God, and do not revolve your troubles.”
This process is so simple and peaceful. You can do it for 5 minutes or 5 hours. You can do it once a day or several times throughout your day. Its main benefits are that it brings you closer to God, which then results in an incredible peace. It helps you realize He is right there with you to protect you and help you accomplish anything. It also brings your mind and emotional vibration to a much a higher state. This is beneficial because as your energy vibration increases and stays in a more positive state, it attracts circumstances into your life that match the high emotional level. Also, those troubles that you are putting to the side as you focus on God and his power, seem to gradually and magically disappear.
Meditation doesn’t have to be a weird, mysterious process. You can use it regularly to bring yourself closer to God, know who you really are, and keep your mind and heart at a peaceful and powerful vibration that attracts excellence into your life. So what are you waiting for? Still your mind and experience the amazing peace and manifestations that meditation brings. Enjoy the blessings 🙂
9 Comments | God, Meditation | Tagged: God, how to meditate properly, law of attraction, meditation definition, rapid manifestation | Permalink
Posted by joedalio
May 6, 2020
For some reason, I’ve had lots of trouble sleeping at night. We are in the middle of a pandemic, but I am experiencing far less stress than during normal times. It could be because my sleep schedule is thrown off. It could be because the weather here in Buffalo is so cold and lousy that I am not exercising outside as much as I would like, or maybe because I am eating a bit more than normal. Whatever the reason is, it could be very frustrating to lay awake at night, sometimes for hours, without being able to sleep.
Since these times are becoming more frequent, I decided to turn it into a positive. Those times in the still and quiet of the night have resulted in some deep and intense conversations with God. I have also used self-hypnosis to work on the depths of my own subconscious minds. In the past month, I have really grown spiritually because of these conversations and reflections.
It was during this time last night that I felt God really speaking. What He told me was something I already knew, and I have written about it in this space before. It’s what Mufasa told Simba in the Lion King… “Remember who you are.” In the movie, Mufasa reminds his son, as he is squandering his life in the wilderness, that He is the one true king to rule the kingdom. He has all the power he needs to do that, he just needs to take possession of it and take the necessary action that will result in the will for his life to be accomplished. I felt God sharing a similar message to me last night. He reminded me that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. This being that thinks, feels, moves, and acts is actually the very spirit of God in action. I have everything I need. I need to focus on that energy within me and utilize it as I take the necessary steps for God’s will to be accomplished in my life. If I was having problems sleeping before that, it was even more difficult afterward! But I was ok with that. I was emotionally charged and felt like I could conquer the world at that moment.
The question you may be asking now is how to tap into that realization. How can you focus and maintain the realization of who you really are? Here are some ways that help me:
- Meditation – Many people have different interpretations of this practice. Mine is to simply clear the mind. I focus on things like my breathing and the sounds around me. Even spending a few minutes in this peace and quiet with a clear mind can do wonders, and open you up to hear from God.
- Remain in the present moment – The present moment is the only one where you have absolutely full control. You can’t go back and live past moments (if you do mentally you’re doing it in the present), and you can’t jump ahead to live in the future. The one moment you can use to take control is this one. When you are quiet in the mind and fully present, it enhances your spiritual connection with your Creator. In the present moment, there is no room for fear and doubt. Are your worries coming to pass right now? Are you failing at this moment? No you are not, so focus on what you can do now and your fears will most likely not come close to being realized. Once again, having a clear mind and remaining in the present keeps you wide open to hear from God and enable Him to remind you about who you are and the great power you have access to.
- Prayer – Prayer goes hand in hand with meditation, except instead of staying quiet, you are actually engaged in conversation with God. Sometimes you are talking, and sometimes you are listening. I guarantee this though… if you ask God to show you who you really are, He will!
These are some methods you can use to focus on and realize who you really are. For more information about this, I recommend you check out my free e-book, The Ease and Keys of Rapid Manifestation. This is one of the key steps to the rapid manifestation of your goals that I discuss in the book. When I go through my day with this realization, I feel invincible. I feel like I have the answers to all of my questions, and I feel like I have absolutely nothing to fear.
I recommend you using these methods to focus on and know who you really are. It will totally empower you, and among other things, it will bring you great peace that will help you sleep wonderfully. Enjoy the blessings 🙂
10 Comments | spirituality | Tagged: God, meditation and mindfulness, prayer, present moment awareness, remember who you are, self-help | Permalink
Posted by joedalio
May 4, 2020
I always see such excellent poems on WordPress Reader, and I truly admire them. I like to try poetry myself every once in a while. In no way do I compare to the other great poetry writers, and this one will be more quirky than beautiful. However, it’s about the Law of Attraction and it is all true. So here ya go…
LOA is a law that is always true
It works perfectly for everyone, and that includes you.
It’s quite simple the way it is taught
It’s up to you to take captive every thought
Consider closely what you think about
Though I recommend you have faith and do not doubt
Focus on what you want, the way you want things to be
Then they will manifest quickly you will see
Be sure to be positive and grateful, keeping joy in your heart
It is then you will see your blessings really start
I know this is weird, and some will call it sappy
Though if you follow these guidelines you will be thankful and happy
Thank you for reading, I wish you the best
I hope you are blessed on this day and all of the rest 🙂
2 Comments | Law of Attraction | Tagged: inspirational poems, law of attraction how to, Law of Attraction poem, poem, poetry | Permalink
Posted by joedalio