Here in the United States we just celebrated our Thanksgiving holiday about a week ago. It’s a day where we reflect and give thanks for all God has given us.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not ready to forget about the day just yet. I am realizing more each day exactly how much I have to be thankful for. It’s amazing that, the more I focus on the blessings in my life and maintain an attitude of gratitude, the better I feel and the more positivity I have to offer those around me.
Once again I will say that I have so much to be thankful for in all areas of my life. I don’t share this to brag, but instead to provide some examples of God’s greatness in my life.
- I am loved by God more than I could ever imagine.
- I have the greatest, most loving family anyone could ever ask for.
- I am relatively prosperous.
- For someone my age, I am quite healthy
- I have a job. One with a good schedule and where I can have positive impacts on people.
- I have a number of high quality friends, along with a wonderful extended family.
- A world of information is available at my finger tips via the internet.
- I am never short of food, shelter, heat, etc.
This list can easily continue for pages and pages. Again, this is not a brag list. It’s simply to prove that God is great, and He has shared much of this greatness with me. Do I have everything I want in life? No I don’t. However, the more I focus on the great things and people God has provided, the more I know those things will eventually show up. The more I focus on being thankful for the good in my life, the more joy seems to follow me around, regardless of any negative circumstances..
So what do you have to be thankful for? Hopefully it takes little effort to answer that question. Based on my own experience, I will say that the more things you can think of and the more time you spend focusing on those things, the more joyful the ride of life will be for you. In addition, I know you will find even more reasons to be thankful.
Please know I would love for you to share the wonderful things you have to be thankful for. It will certainly inspire me and anyone reading this. Enjoy the blessings 🙂