There are only two posts a year where I talk about just me. The year end and year start versions. It’s kind of a way for me to look back (and ahead) and track my progress. It’s my space so I can do that, right?
So how was 2013 for me? It was just like 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009. I learned and grew a ton, but didn’t take the steps into the promised land and get to that next level in life I am seeking. It’s amazing how these years all blend together like that. In every other 5 year cycle of my life there is at least one great year, and at least one difficult one. I can’t say that about any of the past five. They were all good and could have been better. I will say that in 2013 I feel like I learned, grew, and progressed more than I did in any of the previous four years.
As I look back on 2013, here are some accomplishments that put a smile on my face:
- This blog – When I began the year, I had 4 followers and about 2 views a day. I wasn’t even sure I wanted to continue, not because I didn’t enjoy it, but because I didn’t have the time to dedicate to it. In February I decided to make the time and not accept no for an answer (one of my original New Years intentions). I am happy that the numbers have increased drastically, but most thrilled that I am being told first-hand by my readers that it is accomplishing its main purpose – having a positive impact on others. Thank you to all of you : )
- I published my first e-book, “30 Days to a More Powerful Life”. For time and procrastination reasons it took almost three years for this to happen, but it did.
- Gratitude – Early in the year I read a book called, “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrne. The book takes the reader on a 28 day gratitude journey. I took this journey, and it continues today. I never realized the true power of gratitude until doing this, and it has impacted my life in a positive and powerful way.
- My ultimate goal is to work from home and make an excellent income by positively impacting the lives of thousands. I am not there yet, but I was offered two free courses that brought me much closer to this possibility. I received an official Law of Attraction certification which I hope to use to guide and coach others.
- Spiritual Growth – Through all of these “blended” years, my relationship with God has grown and remained strong. However, it has never grown more than the past few months. I have never realized how much God’s spirit is actually a part of me and how much it guides every step I take. The power I have experienced has been immense.
- Life Coaching – As mentioned above, it is my goal to ultimately help and coach others take their lives to the next level. To get an idea of how this works, I decided to regularly visit with a life coach myself to help me take the next steps and bring my own life to the next level. Why I waited so long, I don’t know. However, in November I began meeting with someone on a weekly basis. This person is a gem, and holds me accountable to take the necessary steps to achieve my goals. It’s another reason I feel much closer to reaching them.
There were some struggles to the year too. My marriage is surviving by the bare skin of its fingernails, and this has put a strain on our entire family. I am unsatisfied with my current job, and still frustrated that I haven’t grown in other areas. However, I know I have grown a great deal because instead of letting these things bring me down, I am using them as motivation to find solutions and help me grow. Let’s just say I am very thankful for 2013. The blessings far outweighed the struggles.
If you’ve read this far I sincerely thank you for taking an interest in this one of many person’s life this year. It is my goal that I can put a smile on your face and impact your life in a positive way. I wish you a very Happy New Year!