I very much enjoy reading the miracle stories in the Bible. There are plenty of them from cover to cover. However, certain ones stand out.
One such story jumped off the page at me the other day. It’s in all of the gospels, but I pariticularly like the version from Mark 10:46-52. It’s the story of a blind man who was begging on the side of the road in town. He was just living his life, doing what he normally does and accepting his lot in life.
Things change when Jesus arrives in town. Somehow, this man already knew about Jesus because as soon as he finds out Jesus is there, he starts shouting out, asking that Jesus have mercy on him. The people around him tell him to be quiet and to stop shouting. However, he continues to shout out until Jesus acknowledges him. Jesus asks, “what do you want me to do for you”? The man says he wants his sight. Jesus says, “your faith has made you well”. It then says the man immediately received his sight.
I love this story and its happy ending. However, I see it as more than that. I see it as the exact recipe that, if you want miracles in your life, you can follow and receive them. Here’s why:
1. This man refused to accept no for an answer. As soon as he was aware of Jesus’s presence he did not stop until he had his attention.
2. He did not listen to other people. They tried to quiet him and get him to stop, but he refused to let them get in his way.
3. My favorite part of the story is when Jesus asks “what do you want me to do for you?” Jesus knew darn well what the man wanted. So why did He ask? I believe He wanted to hear it directly from the individual. He wanted the man to present the need to Him personally.
4. He had faith. He immediately perked up when he heard Jesus was there because he had 100% faith that He was the one that could heal him.
5. He let Jesus do His work.
There you have it. A 5 step recipe that I believe anyone could use to see miracles in their life. Are you looking for a miracle? Then I challenge you. Start seeking it now and don’t stop until you are fully convinced that you have God’s attention. Don’t listen to other people that try to stop you or say it can’t be done. Pray and let your request be known. God already knows what you want before you ask Him, but He still wants to hear it from your lips of prayer. Have faith and KNOW that He can and will answer. Remember, even if it’s not exactly what you are looking for, it will be something better. Then let God do His work.
The great thing about the miracle stories is that I never saw any where Jesus said no. People asked in faith and were given what they asked for. He will do the same for you if you follow this way of thinking. Please share here when they happen for you because I would love to hear about it. Enjoy the blessings : )