Wow, can you say deja vu? It seems like I was just discussing intentions for 2012. Now at the blink of an eye, we’re talking about a new year. 2012 was a good year. The disappointing thing is that I set goals for the year last year. Some progress was made, but I didn’t fully accomplish any of those goals. That simply cannot and will not happen this year. I will accept nothing less than full accomplishment of these goals.
I always say how thankful I am that God offers us a new start every 365 days (actually we get a new start each day. But you understand where I’m going with this, right?). This new year represents another opportunity to take life where I want it to go. I understand this may be of no interest to you. However, besides using this space to provide helpful information to others, I also like to occasionally use it as a personal reflection. Perhaps you can relate to some of these intentions. Here are my New Years intentions for 2013:
- I am generally a good, positive person. However, I am also very self-centered. Going forward, I intend to focus my attention off myself. Instead, I seek God first, and determine ways I can be of service to other people around me, focusing more on their needs instead of mine.
- Do it NOW!!! – Procrastination has been part of my vocabulary for way too long. Not anymore.
- Double my income – This was on the list last year as well. I didn’t double my income, but it significantly increased. Let’s pray big and go all the way this year.
- See and be the best in everything – I’ve accepted mediocrity for far too long. Only the best will be accepted now.
- Erase doubt and refuse to take no for an answer – Instead, faith and persistence are this year’s buzz words.
I learn more every year that God has given me the ability to control the direction my life goes. Yes, it’s in His hands, but I believe He wants us to use our free will responsibly along with His guidance to live the most abundant, excellent life. With these goals, I am asking for some rapid, drastic changes in my life. I believe these are the prayers God wants to hear from us, and that He is more than willing to help accomplish these goals. If there is something here He doesn’t want me to have, He will only provide something better.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I sincerely hope this information helps or inspires, and that your New Years intentions are realized. Enjoy the blessings : )